Sunday, September 22, 2013

Legacy of Strength: Khador Begginings.

Way back in 2003, a game called Warmachine was released and I picked up a Khador starter, because they had the biggest and bulkiest jacks, that could take the most punishment. They were also like Steampunk Russians, which was pretty cool. I ended up with a smallish collection from Gen Con the following year, but the games popularity waned, and I never did much with it. Fast forward to now, and I've got the Khador itch. I've been putting off picking them up again for a while, because I had a bunch of NIB stuff that I got rid of when I got my Scyrah last year and it makes it feel to me like I wasted a year on other stuff (Scyrah, MerCygnar, Menoth). But no more. With the other parts of FRAG leadership looking to get involved in more Warmachine stuff, I decided to pick them back up, with the intention being to have them be the first force in a long time I've had two fully painted tournament lists. While I won't be painting it all myself, I still think it's an accomplishment for me to show up to a tournament fully painted. We'll see what happens, right now I'm still building. Here's a shot of my current project, an Extremoth!
It is missing the plates for the upper legs, and groin, but hopefully the PP Mispack people will get those to me soon. There is going to be a lot of pinning involved, and heavy use of putty (you can see some in the lower torso piece in the pic), more than I've done in the past, so this is my first challenge, but the end result will hopefully be something that no one else in the meta has.

No comments:

Post a Comment